11.08.2008

strange days at uc irvine

I am in a strange mood so I suppose I will spread the love by writing up a strange post for all you lovely strange people...if you are here, that is.

It is Saturday, obviously. I got to hang out with Crystal yesterday and it was so very refreshing to get to just sit down and be chill and strange again. It feels like home. It sucked to have to say bye to her after only like an hour though, but I did have a very nice walk back to Middle Earth. The sky was perfect and the moon and stars were beautiful as well. Later on in the night I got the opportunity to go out and see the stars again and the city lights in the distance and it made me feel good. Hoorah.

Yesterday I went to Roscoes in Long Beach with some hallmates. It was delicious! Also very fattening but it is okay. We thought we saw Common but it was not him, just a lookalike. Quite unfortunate. I ate a hunk of cornbread that was the size of my face as well as the big momma special. I really got a kick out of ordering that. Also, I forgot what I was going to say after that so I'm sitting here pretending that I know what I'm saying. Moving on. OH! There was a FAT protest going on while we were there, which was exciting! People were marching on the street with signs saying NO ON PROP 8 and it was heartwarming and yummy. I wanted to join but my homies wanted to go home.

I should currently be working on my Humanities Core project because it needs my utter devotion and time quite like a small child would. Henceforth I will refer to it as my baby. My baby has five parents, four of which I will deem incompetent and confused. Of course this group does not include myself because I am ever so informed and responsible. If you are not getting the sarcasm that is dripping off the previous sentence then you are a sad, sad person. Anyway, I feel like I am the only person in my group who understands what we are supposed to do. The rest of them are following a sad, delusional pathway into a dark forest with trees that grow fruits shaped like F's. I WANT TO GO TO THE FOREST WITH A's!!! So for now I am trekking alone and re-shaping our ideas, possibly later on today I will sound the call and they will run to me like eager young puppies.

I am a terrible person and that was a really strange paragraph! Please forgive.

I have been in Irvine for over a month and I still have not been to the beach (during the day) or to a sports game. Thankfully the latter will change as of tonight at 7PM! I'm going to the opening game of the men's basketball season and I am supremely excited to make an anteater sign and yell ZOT ZOT ZOT with full force! Unfortunately I have a little bit of a sore throat (I may be sick, but I am also in denial) so my ZOTS! might be a little less energetic than usual. I had Airborne today for the first time...and I ate a tablespoon of honey with my brunch, my RA does that every day and she has not been sick for three years! So I am adopting this practice in the hopes that I too will have superhuman immunity. I am also excited to get a free CIA (crazy insane anteaters, UCI version of Bull Spirit) t-shirt tonight, so my friends and I are going to the Bren Events Center about an hour and a half early. YAY!

What else. I went clubbing on Thursday night, which resulted in a very tired Friday morning. But it was SO WORTH IT. I danced with a very cute Robin Hood. And there was also this big Asian guy dressed up as a...IDK what he was, but he had on like a bulletproof vest or something. Bulletproof monk perhaps. Anyway he was ridiculously inappropriate and humped the floor and countless other things, which was mildly entertaining but also disgusting. Also there was some guy dressed up like a tree with leaves stuck all over him, like ALL OVER HIM. And he was dancing next to me and seriously I was getting like leaf-burn. It was annoying to say the least. My friends and I dressed up as the Mean Girls with boobie holes, like when Janice cuts circles in Regina's tank top? Yeah, we were desperate for a costume but we did get some props from the girls who understood our reference. We also received many confused stares and head scratches from some boys but who needs them anyway.

The word 'strange' reminds me of that one TV show, Strange Days at Blake Holsey (???) High. So that is what I am referring to in the title of this odd blog.

I reorganized my whole closet on Friday Night.

Oh and everyone has written about Obama winning already but I would just like to contribute my piece! YAY!!! At the time when it was announced I was definitely running into an air mattress that was propped up against the wall. I have learned that air mattresses provide unlimited amounts of fun. I'm bummed that I wasn't more involved in the counting process, but it is okay. I enjoyed myself and I did partake in some post-election debates and excitement so all is well!

I guess I'm peacin out...I have a midterm on Monday and my HumCore baby is screaming at the top of its nonexistent philosophical lungs so I must go be mothering. People are hookah-ing tonight so I am excited to be left alone for ONCE! Sorry, I'm not hating but I do not like people in general right now. I am in a strange place. Toodles!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh chery! I do enjoy ever so much reading all about your life! Call me sometime!!!

Oh and have you heard taylors new song you're not sorry. SOOO GOOD. I AM IN LOVE!!

鄧浩昀 said...

chery! i will indeed make a trip down to socal sooner or later. sounds like you are having a lot of fun in irvine! but i think davis is still better :P

VaguelyCynical said...

I know what you mean about nice simple relaxing being weird time. Looking forward to it.