11.29.2008

never satisfied?

I actually really miss Irvine.

So it's weird to be home, because now I feel like Irvine is my home. I LIVE there...and I feel like I'm staying at a hotel here. I don't know where anything is in my new house and I haven't even been around that much to get to know it better. Plus, in about 24 hours my belongings will be packed away again and I will be flying south.

Don't get me wrong, I totally love seeing everyone. I realized how much I missed my friends when I first saw them and I got that super excited feeling in my throat/stomach and it's just like YAY! Still though, it's weird being here. I think winter break will be less strange because it'll be a lot longer and hanging out won't be so forced/rushed. We'll just go with the flowww.

Seriously, though. Is this how it's going to be from now on? Am I going to have to be torn between Cupertino and Irvine, always? Norcal or Socal? And why am I never happy where I am? When I'm in Irvine I want to be in Cupertino with my old friends. When I'm here, I want to be in Irvine with my new friends. Satisfaction is so hard to come by. I think what I really missed is a time that I can never really get back, when college wasn't really part of the equation and we all just had one home and we weren't flying around the world. The one-ness of it made things so easy. And now that this singularity is ruined it's difficult to be satisfied with what you have...cause it'll always be different from what it was before.

Now would be the perfect time for a cheesy line...but I say screw that. It's completely your outlook and your take on life that matters, so make it count and make sure you're being honest to yourself.

I'm all over the placeee.

And this is not really a Thanksgiving post at all. So here is a list of things I am thankful for:
1. Friends being at home in Cupertino and in Irvine.
2. TRUE friends who are more like family. Oh, and family.
3. Home cooked meals.
4. UCI and the amazing people I have met and the opportunities that are offered to me.
5. Good sales and good shopping. Plus, the ability that nice, new clothes have to make me happy. NO I'm not shallow.
6. Jack in the Box and their extensive and satisfying menu.
7. Weekends.

Most of all, I am thankful that I have a mind of my own and that I can pave my own way through life and do my own thing, that I can learn for myself and choose for myself. This freedom is incredible and not to be overlooked.

3 comments:

said...

Sometimes I feel like we are somewhat of mind twins. I really do miss you and I hope to see a lot more of you over break.

The word verification for this comment is "lenti".
And I have P-LENTI of love for you! Haha. Ha. Ha. Haha but seriously I'll see you so soon!

Crystal said...

Nooo you can love both socal and norcal. But yeah, I feel ya girlll.
you know, when we eventually follow our dream and go to new york we will have to deal with this too. we must do it!

p.s. hooray for number 2!

ccyso said...

it must be difficult to be torn between two totally different homes (i definitely wouldn't know what that feels like). but how truly fortunate you are to have TWO whole homes, when some still search for home, and others never find it at all.

just some food for thought :)