11.04.2008

hello november

So WOW, November totally sprang up on me. It's election day already, so for those of you who can vote I hope you exercise this power and know that poor little me is extremely jealous.

I feel like I had interesting things to say earlier. I was in my Humanities lecture this morning and as usual, my mind was straying. This morning I happened to be thinking about blogging and several note-worthy topics occurred to me. Unfortunately I cannot seem to remember them at the current moment so you are left with reading this recollection of worthwhile thoughts that are now lost forever...so yeah, you're reading nothing.

Yesterday I woke up at 5:45 AM to sign up for housing for 2009. My roomie and our friend woke up early too, and we all thought we'd be done within a couple minutes and back to snoozing till the sun was high in the sky. Too bad the rest of my hall had the same intentions and everyone was up, pretty much yelling their asses off and being super annoying. Seriously, if I wasn't that groggy I would've yelled at them, but yeah, I was too lazy. Anyway. It wasn't only my hall that had waken up early apparently. It was the freaking rest of the freshman class. So the site to sign up opened up at 6AM and the server crashed promptly at around oh, I'd say 6:01 AM. Thank you, UCI Housing. Please don't come again. I've only heard a couple stories about people actually getting through and submitting their app, and these stories have been passed around like legends for the past 24+ hours.

So yeah, we can accurately say that that messed up my sleep cycle quite a bit. I feel like there is no night and day, it is just sleep whenever you want to. Which is most of the time. I don't even sleep that much at night anymore cause I take naps during the day, so night sleep accounts for only like 50% of my total shut-eye. Plus I have classes to wake up for (BOOOOO) and sometimes loud phone calls to listen in on...just kidding, I really wasn't. I couldn't help it. The girl next door to me was having a very loud and seemingly very painful breakup with her boyfriend at 9AM this morning. And honestly, my heart goes out to you and I hope you feel better, but I'm sleepy. Please help me out. Whisper through your pain!

Aside from the non-sleep, I am also getting very good at non-study. Yesterday I spent around four or five hours in the study room and I accomplished one task on my endless to-do list. I did everything BUT study. Caught up on Gossip Girl (YAY!), changed the settings of my computer, planned outfits for the rest of the week, and had many interesting conversations with Cupertino folk whom I miss dearly. But yeah, my poor friends Mendel and Descartes were shamefully neglected. My bad.

Oh also it rained this morning apparently. Lucky for me I wasn't awake to experience this odd sensation cause as most of us know, I am not a huge fan of rain. I went outside and stepped in puddles in my flip flops and mourned the worms on the sidewalk and basically dreaded the next five months. Yeah it's Socal and winter here is not that bad but STILL. I really do not like wetness.

I'm hungry. Ramen time! And I'm super excited for tonighttt YAY OBAMA!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yay for catching up on GG!!!

said...

Hahaha I KNEW you would appreciate George DUBYA!

Omg this post is SO me. I nap for like 6 hours at a time usually in the early evening and then I eat dinner at like midnight and the whole thing is really bad for my sleep cycle. This post made me laugh so much and I miss you!!