9.10.2008

Ten days

I started packing some stuff up, yesterday and today. Amazingly, I'm actually excited to pack my life away into boxes and get rid of the useless crap that has piled up over the years. I'm making piles: things to save, things to donate, things to toss. It's really quite a refreshing process, and the deadline I'm working towards only makes it more exciting to me. Ten more days and I leave this place, pretty much for good.

My parents are moving to a townhouse in Santa Clara at the end of September when I'm already at school. So when I come home from UCI, I'm not really coming home. New house, new surroundings...and I feel like I'll be estranged from my friends and what I've become so used to in the past four or five years I've lived in this apartment. This move will make it harder to come to Cupertino to hang out and just do whatever it is that we do so well, but hopefully I'll adjust and the people who remain important to me will still be as important.

Ten days left.

P.S.
Talking to my friends on Skype/AIM/gchat when they're so far away makes me so happy and sad at the same time. I'm glad we have internet. I'm sad that we're not still high school students with the same schedules/classes/teachers/hang-out spots. We're growing up, I guess! Tis a strange process.

No more camouflage
I want to be exposed
And not be afraid to fall.

1 comment:

Dami said...

wait. I LIVE IN A TOWNHOUSE IN SANTA CLARA. neighbors??!