9.30.2008

changing colors

Contrary to what you may think, I am not referring to the transition into bright leaved and colorful autumn. I'm talking about my flip flop tan.

Since arriving in SoCal, I've been wearing my beloved Rainbows basically every day. A few key occasions merited gladiator shoes or running shoes, but other than that it's been Rainbows from day one. Evidence is presented in the prominent tan I now have, making me look like I really am wearing flip flops every day even when they are absent from my feet.

I'm getting more and more used to Irvine, and with this comfort comes love. I love the ARC, I love my hall, I love the Thai lettuce wraps!! I do miss Cupertino and my friends though, and I'm glad I have photos up in my room to look at whenever I'm doing homework or just missing them.

Yesterday I went to the ARC with some people from my hall and climbed the rock-climbing wall! I got all the way up which was both a surprise and an accomplishment that I was very proud of. I'm planning on going back and trying to climb the side with the overhang, hopefully it'll balance out my arm muscles, because yes, my right forearm is still noticeably larger than my left due to my year of scooping ice cream.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

:]]]]]
I like youuuu
I'm glad you're having a good time
also, I need to get rainbows cause my arches are getting killed by the constant flip-flop wear

said...

Hahaha you make me smile :)
DUDE ditto to what Crystal said. Even though I'm in cold Nor-Cal, I still walk around a lot with flipflops and my arches die everyday.
I'm so glad you're finding comfort in things away from home. SEE! You are fine like I knew you would be ♥ Love you lots.

Jason said...

scooping ice cream! roflrofl.