9.18.2008

another dream shattered

TAXIS ARE SO EXPENSIVE! I always imagined taking taxis everywhere (just like in the movies set in NYC) would be so much fun. Hailing a bright yellow cab and then racing off to some far off corner of the earth seemed like such a fantastic thing to do. Little did I know this feat requires LOTS and lots of money in the bank. Crystal and I were stranded at the Mountain View Caltrain Station today with little hope of getting home, so we decided to take a cab that was waiting nearby. I had always wanted to take a cab and was excited to embark upon this dream-fulfilling journey, but soon enough reality crushed my bright taxi dreams when, as I watched the meter intently, our fare rose a spectacular amount after not even exiting the parking lot. The rest of the ride was spent craning my neck in disbelief, staring at this magical machine that was telling me how broke Crystal and I would be soon, and wondering how on earth it could possibly be right that a 10 minute ride cost around $25. Moral of the story: don't take taxis unless you are stranded alone in a crime infested city with a 99% chance of getting raped and/or murdered! Anything less, and walking should suit you fine.

No comments: