8.10.2008

like water

All my friends are trickling away. Slowly, like water draining from a bathtub with hair-clogged pipes. Forgive the rather grisly simile...but seriously. One day I will turn around and suddenly find myself very alone and abandoned, waiting until the fateful day comes when it is my turn to leave this place and embark on...whatever it is I will embark on. The bathtub will be empty!

Richa's grad party was tonight, which was bushels of fun and then some! I really don't get enough dance parties in my life to keep me happy. It got me thinking though. Someone brought up that we graduated SO long ago and I suddenly realized it really has been a long time -- like two months? How did that speed by so quickly. I still refer to myself as a senior, I think it's weird when 09 calls themself the senior class. I still feel like more of a matador than an anteater. And it still hasn't really sunk in that everyone is going their own separate ways in the coming days, weeks, months. Dancing with the people I've come to know/be comfortable around has made me realize that I'm really lucky to consider them friends, yadayadayada, and also that I'll probably never make friends in college. It takes me a while to trust people and be myself around them, so once that shell comes off and they see me for the random, weird chick that I am will they still want to be friends with me?!?! I feel like it'll take me a long time to find a support group/group of friends as great as the one I have right now.

In other news, I really love dancing. Such a stress reliever to just let go and feel the music and not really care that you probably look like an idiot. (:

Kathy, Sam, Liz and I are going to Tahoe tomorrow and staying for the next four days there. I can't wait! Some time away from Cupertino will do me good, I think. And time with these girls always does me good anyway.


And even when I'm scared I have to try to fly
Sometimes I fall
But I've seen it done before
I got to step outside these walls
These Walls - Teddy Geiger

No comments: