10.09.2008

update on LIFE!

As some of my close friends have noted, I have pretty much disappeared from the world of the interweb as of late. Deepest and most sincere apologies, friends! My bad. So what have I been up to in recent days besides avoiding the computer?

I've been going to the ARC basically every weekday (meaning Sunday-Thursday) with some chill kids from my hall and it's been amazing. I freaking love that place! Exercising has never been so fun. I run into hella people when I'm there too, like I saw Alyssa and Johnway really randomly one day. I have yet to see Kobe Bryant though. Unfortunate. ): I climbed the rock climbing wall again yesterday and ALMOST got over the overhang, but I was already tired from working out so I kind of failed and let go and just hung in the air like some overgrown, miserable spider dangling from a heavy duty rope. (Speaking of spiders, the spiders here are freakin ginormous and EVERYWHERE. So. Scary.) Rather embarrassing really, cause the wall is right by the entrance and basically everyone stares at you while you climb...well, stares at your backside. WHICH IS NOT FUN. ): But I <3 my workout crew and I WILL conquer the overhang by the end of the year! SUCK IT.

Last night I stayed up with some people until around 5am. After a rather intense study sesh and a pretty spontaneous late-night Jack in the Box run, we all happily drifted into food coma and crashed in the common room. Three hours later, an unhappy and dissheveled me woke up and basically ran to class.

Work is starting to pile up and I have a bunch of stuff to do on a regular basis...lots of reading and note-taking and checking websites to make sure I don't miss quizzes/reading assignments (OOPS). Plus midterms start next week and I have my first ever college essay due tomorrow SO wish me lots of luck! Besides the workload and the sometimes-falling asleep in class my classes have been pretty good. Next quarter I'm definitely getting later classes though cause it sucks major ass to be up when everyone else is still sleeping. Plus, late night talks with guilty thoughts of early classes just ruin the vibe.

I <3 IRVINE! I'm having so much fun and I'm so excited for the coming days. Tonight is the basketball game that some of the boys in my hall are playing in and they're super pumped to be competing and I am super pumped for them. We've all gotten so close and everyone in my hall is superchill and awesome. (: Later this weekend my hall is going to go eat Korean BBQ, it's a couple of people's birthdays, and CRYSTAL IS COMING TO VISIT! God I miss that girl...and the rest of you old MV readers. (: Till next time! Which I promise won't be that long. <3

OH AND I WORE MY GLADIATOR SHOES TODAY! Update on flip-flop tan is NO GOOD. And my gladiators merited some compliments and some guy called me Maximus.....ummmmmk.

4 comments:

VaguelyCynical said...

I find my work load really ebbs and flows. Without really changing how hard I work on anything, it will subside for a week and then produce a hectic one for me. Oh well, not too terrible to have some variety in life.

It's good to hear that you are enjoying Irvine. I can't wait until Thanksgiving to see everyone again. You all are spoiled with your constant trips and all!

Natalie said...

aw i'm so glad you're having fun. I miss you! and i love reading your blogs.

that is very exciting that you saw johnway, btw.

Paulina said...

lol, be happy that you have a nice backside.

RJ said...

+1 Saint Francis reader also. I am the bridge between Jesus and this blog, so I am an important reader.

I'm hecka happy that Irvine is working out well for you. I will let you know on the details of the postponed SoCal trip as soon as I find out.

Until then, expect some mail with some bombass lanyard in it, ya dig?