10.29.2008

another "what I did today" post..

So today was the 25% off sale at the bookstore. It opened at 8 AM, and being the dedicated shopper that I am, I found a buddy to go with me at 8 AM. Funny how I can be motivated enough to wake up for 8 AM shopping but not for 8 AM bio lectures...duh. I actually expected the store to be pretty quiet, cause come on. 8 AM and college students usually don't mix. Contrary to my beliefs though...the store was packed. It was like freaking Black Friday three weeks early!! Thus my shopping strategy changed completely! I ended up getting a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and shorts. Who says I'm not a morning person?

After this extreme success, Joyce and I headed over to Pippin for breakfast. This was maybe the first or second time I've actually had a legit breakfast since coming here and MY was it delicious! We had cappuccinos and made a waffle with Oreos in it and it is QUALITY! (Haha)

So yes. My morning went remarkably well and it set the mood for the rest of the day, minus all the ridiculous studying I have to do for Humanities core. So my midterm is tomorrow and I haven't really started studying...go me.

The past few days have been relatively uneventful, just regular college times sleeping too late and slacking off too much, eating unhealthy deliciousness and sometimes suffering because of it. For example, I was boiling water in my hot water pot a few days ago so I could have some tasty tasty ramen (whoever invented ramen is my hero). I burnt my thumb on the hot steam pouring out of the hot pot. It got kind of swollen and red but it was fine for the most part. The next day I had ramen again and burnt my tongue...I think I should just avoid ramen altogether. Anyway. My tongue really hurts and I was brushing my teeth this morning and it started like...bleeding lightly. Sorry to paint a disgusting picture but I was super surprised and a little grossed out. OUCH ):

My suite decorated for Halloween! We put up ghosts, covered the lights with red paper, and taped down outlines of bodies that bitchy maintenance people later removed (!!!!). We even have a black light!! It's pretty bomb.

In other news, I miss my friends far too much. It's funny how this crazy wave of homesickness is just hitting me after being in Irvine for over a month. I just want to be back with my true homies for a bit so I can remember what it feels like to trust completely and be 100% yourself without having to censor yourself or fear the consequences of what you honestly say or believe. I miss the trust and lack of judgement and the non-gossipyness.

Till next time! If I can possibly drag myself out from piles and piles of Aristotle and Plato, that is. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE CHERY.

Yangdi said...

Haha. My next reading assignment for Western Civlizations: Plato.
Awesome!!!!! Okay hahaha

Paulina said...

agreed, nigga. about the missing thing.

Crystal said...

COME VISIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
or maybe I'll come visit you!!!!
haha I miss youuuu girl