10.30.2008

cheristotle

My Humanities Core midterm basically owned me. There were six short answers and one essay in a time span of 50 minutes and I pretty much did four decent short answers, two half-assed unfinished ones, and one very crappy unfinished essay. Going into it, I was totally aware of how unprepared I was. And this was basically the first time I ever really had test anxiety. I woke up this morning with "shitshitshitshitshit" running through my head like a broken record. BAD SIGN! I even got convinced into buying some tiny bottle of 5 hour instant energy for four bucks...I didn't even use it cause I don't react that well to caffeine. Haha are you getting the jist of how freaked out I was??

I spent last night reading over lecture notes and begging whatever otherworldly being is out there massively enjoying my pain to stop the madness. Honestly, after cramming lectures and notes and discussions into my head, I couldn't even think in a singular pathway. Things went in circles. You know that famous angel/devil sitting on your shoulders picture? Try like twelve of them in your head, running around like they all drank my stupid little energy shot thingy. Aristotle and Plato and my own voice (AKA CHERISTOTLE! Haha in my freaked out state I found that very funny..) all contradicting each other and competing for dominance. It was not fun. There is still hope though. Maybe my teacher will take my unconstructed and loosely worded sentences for genius and I'll sail through the class with flying colors!

Most likely not. I was standing in the hall waiting for class to start and I was talking to some class mates and I said "I am so FUCKING SCREWED!" in my (rather loud) regular voice. Then I turn next to me and OH HI BRIAN THILL PLEASE DON'T LET THAT STATEMENT AFFECT MY GRADE...good job, Chery. I slinked to the back of the room and wrote as fast as humanly possible.

I got home and found a cute postcard and a letter on my desk. MAJOR mood booster! (: I finally got Ben's autumn leaves from Massachusetts and Crystal's zot zot postcard. I love both! And I can't believe I have leaves from Massachusetts in my room. I think that is very cool.

Hooray for Halloween and the weekend being tomorrow! I have absolutely no motivation to do any work tonight so I will probably commit to my regular routine of staying up until 2 AM and eating ramen at ungodly hours. Toodles!

1 comment:

鄧浩昀 said...

Chery!
你好媽?
我愛你。
為什麼你要去一個大學比Davis很遠?
我們不可以邦each other. :(