11.22.2009

weekends

Are weekends like bookends? Are they meant solely for propping up the days with more meaning/importance? Do they serve their sole purpose as empty little days just to make the weekdays look nicely put together?

NO. TOTALLY NO.

I love weekends.

I hardly left my apartment yesterday and today, and now that I think about it I pretty much wore sweatpants for almost the whole 48 hours.

I watched a LOT of TV. Sex and the City marathon continues every Saturday night with L & S, and we simultaneously ragged on Carrie for never wearing an effing bra while stuffing our faces with delicious home-made guacamole.

Then today...I thought I would be productive today. I got up, turned on the TV as I made breakfast, and the first thing I heard was..."you're watching the next iron chef MARATHON!!" Oh god, there goes my productivity.

This show has my mouth salivating and my heart pumping and my mind running for the best foods that I have ever experienced. And it inspires me and my roommate to cook more deliciously. And it lengthened my mental grocery list.

Places I want to visit/find over winter break:
-The Red Crane
-The Counter
-Tamarind
-Yiassoo
-Boiling Crab
-Amber Cafe
-more authentic Indian, Mediterranean, Japanese, Korean, Mexican and Vietnamese places
-Downtown Mtn View/Palo Alto
-SF
...and basically find ALL THE BEST FOODS, EVER!!


2 comments:

Paulina said...

dude, I know legit viet places. I KNOW.

Liz said...

I LOVE ALL THOSE FOOD PLACES!!!I wish i was home, so i could eat my weight in food.