7.31.2009

homes

Being back home is different. In all honesty, I'm confused at which "home" is my main home now. Irvine pulls me back the way Cupertino pulled me back when I was in Irvine...it's kind of painful to constantly be in this limbo. I find myself wondering what I'd be doing if I was in Irvine. But here, let's not ponder the might-have-beens, rather, let's focus on recent ponderings of being back home...

First off, I'm going to whine a little bit. Grievances about home include:
-weak showerhead
-lack of my regular beauty products (SIGH Aussie shampoo, I MISS YOU DEARLY)
-curfew....sucks major ass.
-I feel extra poor here, even though in Irvine I was making very little bank.

Anyway...being home is extra nice right now. It's like a fresh breath of air, time to gather yourself and re-focus. It's nice having something to look forward to and consistently work at, too (HOLLA DANCE BISCUITS) hahah.

Also, I think everyone is taking notice of each other more. Some things feel a lot closer. I find myself being much more open with people too, maybe the physical distance made me realize how important they actually are in my life. I'm kind of rambling, it's late...

Living life in chunks is easier to do.

2 comments:

RJ said...

im no college-goer (not for the next 18 days anyway), but i feel like maybe you don't have to "choose" which one is home. both are there with ups and downs and maybe just focus on the best of each?? LIKE THE DANCE-BISCUITS OF HOME. and the freedom of irvine.

:)

chery said...

trudat double true, just sucks always wanting to be somewhere else/wondering what is going on in home part2, wherever that may be.