1.02.2009

comfortable

So I'm a little ashamed that my friends conjured up such delicious New Years posts and I didn't. But also, I'm thankful that they did so I could mooch on the memories and be happy that I'm present in some of the pictures, hoorah! Haha props to all of you for coming up with such good posts, they will definitely be revisited in the coming late nights of college.

I said goodbye to Cupertino (technically, Santa Clara) this morning at around 10 instead of the projected 7 AM. How typical of me and my family, oh well. Like I mentioned earlier it's going to be the first full quarter without a break to go home, but I'm hoping that I will succeed at the saving of monies so I can visit SD and Davis sometime this quarter, and then head over to the Atlantic side of our country to visit some fools over spring break. So it won't be that bad.

Somehow though, this long and unbroken span of 10 weeks does not seem as daunting. I'm certain that leaving home in September was a lot more panic-attack-inducing for me, probably because of how everything was kind of in the air. Nobody really knew who was going to keep in touch with who, nobody knew what it would be like to actually come home, nobody knew who was going to change drastically, and plus it was the first time we were all apart for a long span of time etc, and I guess that was stressful because we were all so accustomed to just being us, set in our ways, that when a giant thing like college got thrown into the equation, we all kind of shivered in our underpants.

Thankfully, I've acquired a sense of comfort when it comes to thinking about home now. Winter break was important for me in helping me realize that we can all come back and be the same indecisive, hungry, and laid-back people. It's more fun, actually, because now we all have our own stories to tell. And I'm comfortable now, leaving home. Because I know that who matters to me at home will still matter to me despite the distance, and I know that everyone is just a text message or toxbox chat away. This is comforting, and so I'm not as sad to depart as I could potentially be. Stability is nice.

Anyway, sentimental portion of the post is over. Haha! I'm just sitting here in my LA hotel room after my short venture into Koreatown with my family. I pretty much conked out the whole way here, so as my parents nap, I search for interesting times on the internets.

To sum it all up, winter break was gold. Just like old times, plus some nipple-biting. HAHAHA

No comments: