1.06.2009

oddball teachers & scrambled brain

Hello friends! I have a spare moment in my oddly busy Tuesday, so I decided to be non-productive and instead blog about Irvine happenings. It is strange that I have only been here for about two days, it seems much much longer than that.

Sunday was the day of moving. I lugged all of my belongings up the three flights of stairs back to my dorm room, and then decided that a change was in order. So pretty much I spent the afternoon reorganizing everything I owned. I moved my desk into a more favorable position and I am quite pleased with the result! I also unpacked everything I brought and realized that I have far too many clothes for my own good. Seriously, some of my drawers are very difficult to open because they are packed to the capacity with clothing.

Monday morning arrives and guess what time I woke up? Seven AM. IN THE MORNING! To what? Go to class? NOPE! I went to the gym. I had a very good workout and burned tons of calories and it actually had a great effect on the rest of my day! Endorphins are my favorite. It kept me energized all day and I was seriously like...not tired and super cheerful, despite the fact that classes started.

Speaking of classes, my new discussion leader is completely fails. Her name is Lahela Minerbi, and she is the complete opposite of Brian Thill (mah fave). He was interesting, she is not. He was practical and to the point, she definitely is not. Our one and a half hour class consisted of too many "get to know you!" activities for my liking as well as her describing Midsummer Night's Dream as though we were idiots. I kid you not, at one point she flapped her arms about and pretended to be Cupid. Brian Thill would not approve. I miss his cut-the-bullshit attitude.

Another thing I miss: good food. Winter break brought my standards up again where food is concerned. I definitely gained a lot of weight from pigging out on gourmet Asian food all the time. Now I miss the gourmet! Scrambled eggs tasted like dried brain, chicken tastes more like cardboard, spicy beef is not spicy, etc. I could compile a list of food-related grievances but it would depress me and bore you, so I shall not. Summary: food kind of sucks.

Oh but I had some deer jerky! My friend brought some from his trip to Texas where he shot and killed and later jerk-ified the deer. I only had a little bit cause I felt too guilty for eating such a precious creature. Bambi was my favorite Disney character as a kid! ):

Anyway, today is quite busy. I had my first Psych lecture today which went pretty well, as well as my first Management lecture. My teacher is fob extraordinaire, and from now on I refuse to refer to this class as anything but "bee-ness crass!" If you didn't get that, it's supposed to be "business class" in fobby English. I feel bad for making fun of him haha but it just frustrates me because this means that I actually have to listen harder and pay more attention to him in order to understand the material. Which bums me out, duh. Oh well, I may not be in this class for long.

So I have my empty chunk of time right now until around 5...I need to make a trip to the bookstore and purchase my set of $300 books! WHY SO EXPENSIVE! I texted my mom telling her how much money I needed in my account and I mentioned how sad it was that it was so much moneys. She texted back:

It's ok if u study hard n get gd grade for ur skill it bcomes cheap, last as long as u live. mny is xfer.

CUTE! Haha, but I don't know what the last line means. I think money is transferred?

Then at 7:30 tonight I have my first hip hop class! haha hoorahhhh. And then hall meeting and snow trip meeting. My hall is going to Big Bear this weekend to frolic in the snow and yeah..I am excited and also hoping that it is not that much bank because my wallet is being steadily drained. Which makes me sad.

And now I should really get to starting my homework! Lahela Minerbi makes me do a LOT of work that Brian Thill never required. ):

2 comments:

RJ said...

haha dude your mom sends sweet texts, not going to lie. that is almost as good as "CHERY WE ARE MESS UP" but nothing will ever top that.

also: HIP HOP!! YEAHH. step yo game up. that way we can go drunk battle people at parties as a CREW. whaaat. hahaha

ths msg is xfer.

Paulina said...

OMG! I have WAY TOO MANY CLOTHES TOO. My underwear drawer doesn't even close, and socks and embarrassing undergarments are spilling onto the floor.