3.04.2009

tunnels

Today in my pointless HumCore discussion we somehow reached an interesting topic. Apparently, there are tunnels running underneath the UCI campus, connecting from Mesa Court (one end of campus) to Campus Village (other far end of campus). I've heard this before but today in class several people justified the existence of these tunnels and said that they saw people using them/have friends who have been inside.

This is definitely on my to-do list.

I've also heard that while UCI was being built in the 60's, the idea of these tunnels arose as a mechanism for preventing protests/rallies. The tunnels are supposed to let policemen get from point A to point B without detection so they can catch bad guys and such. What I also found interesting is that the intent of making UCI an anti-protest campus was a knee-jerk reaction to all the activity at Berkeley in the 60's. Haha, lucky us with our underground police tunnels and dormant political life.

---

I also really have to get my ass in gear. Also, everyone should get a twitter.
Yeah, I'm not the happiest right now. Oh well.

1 comment:

said...

DUDE. Underground tunnels are SO cool! I wish we had underground tunnels and secretive passageways like that. Well we kind of do because all of our libraries connect underground... but that's not... nearly as cool. Or as exciting. Hahaah when I visit you we should go exploring!

I miss you a lot Chery baby. I am kind of down in the dumps myself this week, but I think reading blogs is really therapeutic.

Also, today my confirmation word for this comment it "booski". Hahah what a funny word. BOOOSKIIIIIII.