3.15.2009

and in the end

"...the love you take
is equal to
the love you make."
-the end, the beatles

Reading people's blogs about coming home made me really happy. I can't wait to be back in the Bay myself next Friday night. (:

I feel like I wasted this quarter (on academic terms), and it's now when I'm re-reading material that I realize how interesting the subject matter was. It all ties together, which I'm finding really cool, because studying for one class is actually helping me understand the other classes better at the same time. I learned a lot about myself this quarter, too; specifically I found out my interest in culture and urban studies. I feel like a great example of an undeclared student; I'm like an octopus projecting out my tentacles and searching for a topic to suction myself to for four years. Ain't that a pretty picture.

The Beatles & the 60s was an amazing class and I am a fountain of Beatles trivia now! Tis quite fun. Psych was what I expected, I probably should have stayed awake during lecture more. And attended a discussion or two. Haha, out of the 10 discussions that were held I went to zero. Pat on the back for me. And Humcore was hot and cold for me. Cold being Weimar Republic, pre-war German culture, Porgy & Bess, and hot being Alberti's On Painting, Death & Life of American Cities, and coolhunting with Malcolm Gladwell. Although I did get some rather interesting material from the cold segment.

Anyway, I am excited for a break, obviously, but also to jump in to the subjects I am taking next quarter. I hope I'll realize early on how interesting it is, instead of realizing at the last moment as I am now.

Spring Quarter:
HumCore - the theme next quarter is "doing" and involves the study of music/revolutions and the such, as well as the production of a giant research paper that I am not looking forward to. Also reading some of Gandhi's work which I am looking forward to!
The Atmosphere - the course description mentioned something about weather patterns...so I'm hoping to gain insight about the weather so I can more appropriately plan what to wear every day. hah, that is what I call applying studies to every day life. Yeah honestly I don't really know what this class is about...
Stats & Probability - not looking forward to this, because as we all probably know, I am very mathematically challenged. People say stats is the easiest math to take and it is a BREEZE but for me I am still a little worried. This class takes care of a GE plus a requirement for the Bus. Man. minor so I hope I have the strength to be smart and stick with it.
Intro to Urban Studies - I'm not sure if I'm going to forsure take this class, both because it would put me at 20 units and cause it's on Thursday nights from 7-9:50. Yes. Three hours, on COLLEGE NIGHT. ): I signed up for this class last minute because the little detour that HumCore took into urban planning really interested me, and I heard the teacher is really cool. BUT STILL! Urban Studies > College night? Stay tuned.

Also next quarter I am hoping to
-study more
-exercise more
-be healthier in general
-sleep earlier

COOL! Catchya laterrr

1 comment:

Paulina said...

come to SC friday night. can you say PARTYYY??? because I think there's going to be a PHAT one.