5.28.2008

Last Things.

I hereby promise to blog every day. Or if not every day, as frequently as possible. I refuse to forget about this blog!

Today was the last block period Wednesday EVER. As usual, I slept through a portion of the massive 95 minute chunk of Gov AP and sat listlessly counting down the minutes in Physiology. Next week will be death - five days straight of seven-period schedules. Add into that a couple of finals I have as well as projects and essays and you're looking at H-E-double hockey sticks. Fun way to end high school, right?

There IS a lot to look forward to. Just in the next two weeks...senior awards, rally setup, rally carnival, farewell rally, farewell dance, yearbook vs. journalism capture the flag game, yearbook distribution party, senior check-out day, senior ball, senior picnic, grad practice (kinda bleh.), baccalaureate, and GRADUATION...wow. Jam-packed, but that's how I like it. (: This mad rush of activity is also a pretty good distraction from the SAD SAD fact that high school is over for us. How did this happen!? It's pretty incredible, and every time I think about sitting among all my peers and looking out at the sunset and our families and friends I get a little nostalgic. Graduation has always been in the plan, obviously, but it was always so blurry. Every day the image gets sharper and sharper and honestly, when I wake up June 12th I don't really know how I'm going to feel. Torn between depression and euphoria maybe? Or a nice balance of the two. Maybe the extremities will cancel each other out and I'll just be indifferent. Hah, hope not.

After school today a bunch of us got together to make shirts for the last dance. It took a lot longer than I had previously estimated and put me under a lot more stress than I ever thought would be possible, but it's worth it. Can't wait to get ready with the girls and bust a move on the dance floor. (; SAD THOUGHT - last farewell dance! ):

We cut out stencils and spray painted onto shirts, for a rather cool effect. NTS, maybe do something like this for dorm decor in the fall? I can't believe I'm even thinking about dorm decor. BUT it really is pretty cool!

One of the things I realized today is I let little things get to me a lot more than they should. But I've always known I don't easily let go of things...I just need to be more clear in deciding what matters to me and what I could care less about. Process of growth, maybe.

I hate to end this on a glum note but I have a crapload of late work to catch up on. And I'm planning to sleep early since my throat hurts like a mofo right now and I really want to be healthy for the dance and all the other things going on this week and next week. Cross your fingers for my health! And maybe a Jamba Juice coldbuster wouldn't hurt. (:

No comments: