9.28.2009

things on my plate

A lot has been happening lately. I spent the majority of yesterday being super frustrated and imagining shattering glass and ceramic cups and bowls. I looked at mirrors and wanted to punch them. But by the end of the day I was in a chipper mood, thanks to a handful of people including N. I guess I just had a weird night, but what came of it is ultimately better than I ever could have guessed.

I know I'm being vague...um, I got my t-shirt back LOL.

Sorority recruitment is over and bid day is tomorrow. Honestly the whole rush process was so tedious and exhausting. It was all a good experience though, and I'm glad I went through the whole thing, even though my (better?) judgment was suggesting I do otherwise. I ended up finding a house that I actually liked, but this raises more problems for me to think about.

For instance, the money thing. I don't want to ever feel like I'm paying to have friends or paying to have fun or something else like that, because I have plenty of fun without the harsh emptying of my wallet. I don't want to be stereotyped as a "sorority girl", I don't want to have to walk around campus representing something that I don't know if I fully support.

Don't get me wrong, there are certainly aspects that are tempting for me. But as of right now, I'm really on the fence. I guess I'll let bid day unfold and see what happens from there. I can't really tell if I'll be pleased or upset if I don't get a bid; honestly, it could go either way. I'm not sure. I guess we'll see.

Besides that I'm keeping busy enough with work and school. Plus the clubs I signed up for are starting to have all their meetings and such, so I'm gonna check them out and see which ones fit best.

I had a strange urge to write today but there's nothing of substance that really came out, I don't think. I guess this is more of a "hello, I am still here" type of post.

Oh one more thing, C GOT TEXTING, freaking finally. Hahaha, okay I'm out!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I felt very angry today as well.
I wanted to punch things.