9.13.2009

life lately

My computer/mind have been completely failing me lately, so I've put Asia-trip-related goodness on hold. Also I hate Facebook for leading me to believe that my pictures are uploading successfully, and then after one hour of patiently watching the loading bar tiptoe closer to the end, a popup appears saying "Upload failed!" Thanks for the exclamation point, Facebook, I'm enthusiastic about failure too! SIGH.

So instead of blogging more about Asia or trying to upload pictures again, I've found much more entertainment on the internets.

1. The VMAs were today, yay. Of course I missed it cause I fell asleep, and I don't have cable anyway. Thankfully I checked up on the ever-dependable Perez and found the video of Kanye hatin on my girl Taylor. What a gem. How incredibly rude of him, if I were Taylor I would've hit him with my Moonman. I thought it was kind of sad that KidCudi didn't win a Moonman, because he IS the moon man, isn't he? Hahah. And also I found out that Taylor is like 5'11' or some other Amazonian height. But I digress. What wins me over about Kanye is that he published an apology blog, here it is, in typical Kanye fashion - he got his Caps Lockdown and his excessive exclamation points, what more can we ask for.

"I’M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD’VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE’S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I’M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE’S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I’M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN’ THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I’M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT’S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I’M NOT CRAZY YALL, I’M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I’M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!"

......LOL. My outrage on Taylor's behalf subsided a little.

2. Fashion Week in NYC. Happy happy happy. So far BCBG and Derek Lam are my faves, Rag & Bone and Alexander Wang were good too. I have kind of fallen in love with Victoria Beckham, because she comes across as actually kind of cute and fun and non-alien like, contrary to her appearance, plus she knows what she's talking about. And her collection is actually well-designed unlike other celebrity-turned-designers IE LAUREN CONRAD. Honestly why is she even famous. But hoorah for Posh Spice! Christian Siriano too, ALWAYS a favorite.

3. GOSSIP GIRL IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I'm as enthusiastic about this as Kanye is about apologizing to Taylor, can't you tell? YAY!!!

---

One week till I'm back in Irvine. Much to do till then!

4 comments:

Paulina said...

DUDE. If you like BCBG check out Herve Leger. The show was today and I love pretty much every single piece.
Also Nicole Miller isn't too bad. And Preen is a good laugh.

Paulina said...

I don't really like Victoria Beckham's line though. pretty unoriginal :( also you'd have to starve yourself for days!

RJ said...

haha kanye west....

whats going on with the socal trip? im guessing its not working out since i havent heard anything lately. :(

Jason said...

amazonian high lol.