8.24.2009

cousins

make me so happy! (:

Last night I went to a sushi place with two sets of aunts/uncles/cousins. There were five of us seated at the "kids table", messing around just like old times. I forgot that I was 18 years old and in college and just resorted to making stupid faces at my 9 year old cousin next to me. He never stops talking and is truly a laugh riot, which I absolutely adore.

I am very content here. But at the same time this lull in productivity makes me want to go back to school even more. I had a dream last night about being back in Irvine and it made me want to get a move on with my goals. I guess I just can't really forget what I want to accomplish, and being in a place where I can't get any closer to those achievements makes me feel distant and irrelevant. I've never been good at being patient, but I realize I just need to learn how to appreciate what every day brings me, whether it be a step closer to accomplishing something or simply a good day with my family.

Being here also makes me wonder how my life would be different if I were born here instead of in the US.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

yeahh my mom always says that she feels guilty for moving us to the us because we don't really know any of our relatives..

imagine the hella asian versions of us chery! that would be cuh-razy.

Paulina said...

you would wear palm leaves and carry baskets on your head. also you could climb banana trees real good. but you'd still probably have a big booty. :P