6.12.2008

The "Graduation" Post.

I'm going to do my best to make this non-cheesy, non-cliche, non-depressing. And I don't even know where to begin! The fact that the class of 2008 is walking out onto the field in less than two hours and receiving their diplomas and GRADUATING still hasn't fully sunk in -- will it ever? Maybe when I'm dressed up in my cap and gown, maybe when I'm receiving my diploma, maybe when I'm hugging my friends and hoping that tears don't ruin the countless photos that are going to be taken up on the field.

Where do I even begin?

A couple days ago I was reading some yearbook entries that some of my closest friends wrote me. They were all so sweet and nice and I didn't realize how much I value and cherish and deeply love my friends until I was skimming through these entries. Some of you still haven't signed my yearbook yet! But that's beside the point. You guys told me that I was an amazing person and a good friend, and I have only you to thank for that. Each and every one of you has taught me something, has shaped me into who I am today. You've taught me how to trust and how to not be afraid to be myself, how to laugh at myself and how to mistakes. You've taught me how to enjoy my life and how to be the best that I can possibly be. Even more than these things that I've learned from you is the fact that you were there by my side experiencing these turbulent years with me. Together we grew up and changed...and hopefully we'll continue to keep these bonds.

So I guess we're somewhat grown up. Going off to far places to continue our education, we're all gaining independence and we're not going to be the same people one year from now, two years from now, ten years from now. All I can do is take this moment and thank you for being exactly who you are right now. I can't even express how much I care for all of my friends, I love to laugh with you and be silly with you and bond with you because you are all such incredible people. (Okay so I'm getting a little cheesy/teary but pushing on...)

As we march on forward to encounter whatever life holds for each of us, we may lose contact and possibly even forget about each other. But please know that all of you are very dear to me; at this moment I can't even imagine being separated from you and not seeing you on a regular basis. Thank you a million times for changing me into the person that I am, helping me realize what it is that makes me happy, and for giving me your friendship, which is the greatest and most cherished gift I could ever receive. I am going to miss you all so much! I can't tell you enough and I can't even describe how my heart swells with the thought of the amazing people I've become friends with, and I'm so proud of all of you. I love you so much it hurttts.

I hope that I'll find another way to thank you each individually because this is very impersonal!

Grad is so soon. I'm so thankful that I can share this day with those who I love best and who love me best. As cliche as it is, I know that I couldn't make it through high school without you guys.

And I don't even know what else to say! I need to plug up my emotions before grad so I don't cry and ruin all the delicious photos we will be taking. So maybe at SANP, please don't make fun of me. ):

I'll see you guys at grad...and congrats, class of 2008. Love forever.

No comments: